Project Lokun is a non-profit humanitarian project wholly owned by medical students from the NUS Medical Society. For the past few years, we have relied greatly on the kind support of donors, sponsors, and volunteers for the success of our trips to Cambodia.
Here are a few ways you can help us!
- Volunteer as a Doctor
- Cash Donation
- Sponsorship in Kind
1. Volunteer as a Doctor
We are always looking for doctors to help us in our endeavour. Doctors are a crucial part of Project Lokun’s mission and we would not have been able to do it without your help. Do look for us for we would love for you to join future projects and make a difference to the Cambodians!
The role of our doctors volunteers are to provide consultation at our mobile and on-site clinics which would be held over a length of 2 – 4 days throughout the two weeks of our trip. We welcome doctors from all disciplines (both Singaporean and Cambodian) to join us for any duration of time on the trip.
Want to be a volunteer? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how you can help us out.
2. Cash Donation
We wish to appeal to you for donations, which will be crucial in our bid to further improve our service to the various villages.
The money that you donate will help us in these three key areas:
- Clinics & Pharmacy :
- to renew our expiring stocks of drugs and obtain other essential items for the running of our clinics in the various villages
- Health Education :
- The printing of personalized health education pamphlets for adult villagers to remind the villagers of what we have taught them about hygiene practices and other useful healthcare information
to print educational materials such as flipcharts and health education booklets for the primary school children in the 4 schools that Project Lokun teaches health- related topics to eg. Oral hygiene. The hope is that through educating the children, they will bring the lessons home to their various communities and influence a positive change in the health of the village.
- Referrals :
- To improve our referral services from the temporary clinics we set up in the villages to nearby hospitals and health centers for the more serious chronic and acute cases that we are unable to treat.
We hope that you would generously contribute to our cause as your support is vital for Project Lokun to maintain its operations. Every contribution, no matter how big or small, will go a long way in helping our Cambodian friends.
To express our gratitude, credit will be given for supporting this project, please refer to Annex B below for more information on how you will be credited
If you would like to make a donation, you may choose to do so via Cheque or ibanking as instructed below:
1. Cheque (addressed to ‘NUS Medical Society’)
Please fill in Annex A enclose it in an envelope with the cheque, and mail it to the following address:
“NUS Medical Society, c/o The Dean’s Office, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS 1E Kent Ridge Road, NUHS Tower Block Level 11, Singapore 119228”
2. iBanking (to DBS Current Account, 032-004094-2)
Include “Project Lokun Sponsorship” in remarks within iBanking system
After the bank transfer is made, please fill in Annex A and send it to “email@example.com”.
3. Sponsorship in Kind
For each trip, we require the following items to run our clinics and education:
- Stationery: Pencils, Pens, Gifts/Prizes for students
- Medical equipment, Pharmaceutical products, Health supplies
- Basic hygiene items such as soap, toothbrushes and toothpastes
- Other forms of sponsorship such as air tickets, baggage space, and any other items you can offer that could support our cause!
Similarly, to express our gratitude, credit will be given for supporting this project, please refer to Annex B above (under ‘Cash Donations’) for more information on how you will be credited
Please email us at at firstname.lastname@example.org for the most updated list of items for each trip.
Any other queries?
Should you have any other queries or concerns, please feel free to email us and we will be more than happy to get in touch with you.